The Email Plugin
This plugin adds the possibility to send emails with your Typemill website. The plugin is required for some other plugins like the contactform or the register-plugin.
The plugin integrates the well known php-library "phpmailer". It sends emails with the php-mail-function and in most cases this should be fine.
PHPmailer also supports SMTP. It is better than the mail-function in many aspects, but it requires to store your credentials in clear text. The Typemill plugin allows you to use the SMTP function, but we DO NOT RECOMMEND it for now. Use it only if you run your website with https. We will improve the plugin soon so you can use a smtp-service like smtp.com or sendinblue which uses api keys instead of credentials.
The plugin will add the mail-function to the slim-container, so you can use the mail-functionality with other plugins. Check the contactform-plugin to understand how it works.
- Added function to clear adresses.
- Optimized charset settings
How to install
- Download the Typemill CMS
- Download this plugin (zip).
- Unzip the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to the plugin-folder of your Typemill installation.
- Login to your Typemill installation.
- Go to settings -> plugins and activate your plugin.