The eBook Plugin
This plugin turns your Typemill cms into a micro-publishing studio. You can choose between different book layouts, select pages of your website and finally open a html preview of your book. Use your local printer driver to transform it into pdf. This plugin is experimental and in public alpha.
How it works
This short video-tutorial shows everything you need to know to create your first ebook with typemill:
The plugin runs with Typemill version 1.4.2 and higher. You can choose between two options:
- Feature in settings: There will be a new navigation item called "ebooks" in the settings area. The admin can manage one eBook with content from the whole typemill website.
- Feature in pages: There will be a new tab called "ebooks" in each page of the typemill website. All editors can manage multiple eBooks from different content-areas of the website.
You can read more details in the typemill documentation for publishers.
Requirements for PDF-generation
With the eBook plugin the user can generate a HTML-preview of the eBook and then generate a PDF-version with the local printer-driver. There are some limitations and requirements to make this work:
- The browsers Chrome, Chromium, Brave or Opera
- A local pdf printer
In your PDF printer configurations please check the following extended settings:
- Set margins to “none”
- Uncheck “Headers and footers” or set them to none
- Check “Background graphics”
The result of your pdf will highly depend on your pdf-printer-driver. On my linux machine the result is pretty good, on my windows machine the result with the printer driver of microsoft is pretty bad.
Found a bug? Or do you want to contribute some improvements? You can find the repository on https://github.com/typemill-resources/ebooks . Create a pull request or open a new issue if you found a bug.
If you want to get in contact, please visit trendschau.net and use the contact form.
- Disabled ebook tab for homepage.
- Disabled ebook navigation if page-navigation has not been found.
- Refactored the downgrade of headlines so it works in settings and in pages.
- Removed thumb-index from typemill layout
- Fixed licence notice in imprint
- Improved blank pages, imprint is now on the left side
- Added dedication page
- Added separate title page
- Added a scroll to top
- Fixed table design
- Fixed the subchapters when thumb index is off.
- Deleted the logic and third-party-library for hyphens, because Chrome supports hyphens out of the box for all platforms since version 88.
- Integrated a thumb index for multi-language manuals.
- Optimized table design.
- Added blurb.
- Updated to paged.js 1.43
- New option to create eBooks in tabs.
- Make forms optional and variable for each theme.
- Integrate individual forms with form-builder.
- Option to use original images.
- Option to disable the automatic correction of headlines.
How to install
- Download the Typemill CMS
- Download this plugin (zip).
- Unzip the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to the plugin-folder of your Typemill installation.
- Login to your Typemill installation.
- Go to settings -> plugins and activate your plugin.