The eBook Plugin
This plugin turns your Typemill cms into a micro-publishing studio. You can choose between different book layouts, select pages of your website and generate a PDF-preview or export an ePUB.
How it works
You can choose between two general options in the plugin settings:
- Feature in settings: There will be a new navigation item called "ebooks" in the settings area. The admin can manage one eBook with content from the whole typemill website.
- Feature in pages: There will be a new tab called "ebooks" in each page of the typemill website. All editors can manage multiple eBooks from different content-areas of the website.
Read all details in the typemill documentation for publishers or checkout this short video-tutorial that will guide you through the general process. the video tutorial shows version 1.2.0, but it will also help you to understand version 1.3.0.
Found a bug? Or do you want to contribute some improvements? You can find the repository on https://github.com/typemill-resources/ebooks . Create a pull request or open a new issue if you found a bug.
If you want to get in contact, please visit trendschau.net and use the contact form.
- Updated epub-library
- Updated to pagedjs 0.3.5
- Option to set logo left or right
- Hyphen error on last line (missing lines)
- Fixed imprint
- Fixed customfields
- Create multiple ebook projects from the whole page in the settings.
- Add custom css to each theme layout.
- Migrated many improvements from the report layout to the layouts manual and typemill.
- Fixed a bug with the thumbindex, so it is not visible in the tabs if feature is off.
- Option to activate and deactivate shortcodes in the ebook
- Fixed bug with epub generation if content has various levels.
- Fixed stretched images because of size attributes
- Added option to remove empty pages
- Fixed empty element/page for imprint
- Improved conditions for adding ebook-plugin-js into admin area
- Fixed horizontal line for footnote area
- Added preview image for video-tutorial
- Option to exclude base-folder from ebook
- Improved toc-script and toc-css with headline counters in text
- Added report layout
- Fixed vue error for settings-version
- Reordered and renamed the tabs.
- Settings tab is completely generated with the form-builder and can be defined in ebook layouts.
- New button to preview headlines in the content tab.
- PDF-preview supports footnotes now with new version of paged.js.
- New ePUB export.
- New demo-layout for manuals.
- Multi-language thumb index.
- Disabled ebook tab for homepage.
- Disabled ebook navigation if page-navigation has not been found.
- Refactored the downgrade of headlines so it works in settings and in pages.
- Removed thumb-index from typemill layout
- Fixed licence notice in imprint
- Improved blank pages, imprint is now on the left side
- Added dedication page
- Added separate title page
- Added a scroll to top
- Fixed table design
- Fixed the subchapters when thumb index is off.
- Deleted the logic and third-party-library for hyphens, because Chrome supports hyphens out of the box for all platforms since version 88.
- Integrated a thumb index for multi-language manuals.
- Optimized table design.
- Added blurb.
- Updated to paged.js 1.43
- New option to create eBooks in tabs.
- Make forms optional and variable for each theme.
- Integrate individual forms with form-builder.
- Option to use original images.
- Option to disable the automatic correction of headlines.
How to install
- Download the Typemill CMS
- Download this plugin (zip).
- Unzip the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to the plugin-folder of your Typemill installation.
- Login to your Typemill installation.
- Go to settings -> plugins and activate your plugin.