The eBook Plugin
This plugin turns your Typemill cms into a micro-publishing studio. You can choose between different book layouts, select pages of your website and finally open a html preview of your book. Use your local printer driver to transform it into pdf. This plugin is experimental and in public alpha.
How it works
The plugin runs with Typemill version 1.4.2 and higher. You can choose between two options:
- Feature in settings: There will be a new navigation item called "ebooks" in the settings area. The admin can manage one eBook with content from the whole typemill website.
- Feature in pages: There will be a new tab called "ebooks" in each page of the typemill website. All editors can manage multiple eBooks from different content-areas of the website.
A documentation for the eBook-plugin with all details will follow very soon.
Requirements for PDF-generation
With the eBook plugin the user can generate a HTML-preview of the eBook and then generate a PDF-version with the local printer-driver. There are some limitations and requirements to make this work:
- The browsers Chrome, Chromium, Brave or Opera
- A local pdf printer
In your PDF printer configurations please check the following extended settings:
- Set margins to “none”
- Uncheck “Headers and footers” or set them to none
- Check “Background graphics”
The result of your pdf will highly depend on your pdf-printer-driver. On my linux machine the result is pretty good, on my windows machine the result with the printer driver of microsoft is pretty bad.
Found a bug? Or do you want to contribute some improvements? You can find the repository on https://github.com/typemill-resources/ebooks . Create a pull request or open a new issue if you found a bug.
If you want to get in contact, please visit trendschau.net and use the contact form.
How to install
- Download the Typemill CMS
- Download this plugin (zip).
- Unzip the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to the plugin-folder of your Typemill installation.
- Login to your Typemill installation.
- Go to settings -> plugins and activate your plugin.