With the plugin you can create one or many product boxes for your eBooks and integrate them with a shortcode to and page.
How it works
After activation you will see a new navigation-item called "ebookproducts" in the settings. There you can add one or more product-data for your eBook-box:
Simply add an individual ID to create a new product. Then fill out the forms with a title, description, image, two file-downloads and two alternative buttons. After that you can integrate the product box in any page with the following shortcode:
A download-box appear. The logic of the buttons is as follows:
- If the user has the right to download the file, then the download button with the label will appear.
- If the user has not the right to download the file, then the alternative link-buttons will appear.
You can combine the ebookproduct with the register-plugin and create some alternative links for users without access, for example:
- A link to the register-page like
- A link to an external ebook shop like Amazon so the user can buy your eBook without a registration on your website.
Here is a demonstration of the plugin on YouTube. The plugin-demonstration starts at minute 14, but if you want to understand all publishing features of Typemill and if you want to see how you can build a whole publishing pipeline, then I recommend to watch the whole video.
We are available for hiring of your next Typemill project. Visit us at trendschau.net.
- Added a registration for the shortcode in visual editor.
- Added error and success responds
- Added input validation
How to install
- Download the Typemill CMS
- Download this plugin (zip).
- Unzip the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to the plugin-folder of your Typemill installation.
- Login to your Typemill installation.
- Go to settings -> plugins and activate your plugin.